Having the right bin in the right location is fundamental to any successful recycling program. This special session focused on recycling bins and getting the “biggest bang for your buck.”
Topics covered were:
- An examination of different bin features for various campus settings
- How other campuses are maximizing collection through strategic bin placement and expanding their programs using bin grants
- A discussion of campus-specific issues related to recycling bins (i.e. compliance with campus aesthetic standards)
- National bin grant opportunities
- Additional information about cutting-edge behavioral research around recycling bins and new bin-mapping programs were also presented.
Beth Schmitt, Director of Recycling Programs, Alcoa
Gabi Ramirez De la Rosa, Recycling & Sustainability Coordinator, Baylor Medical College
Alana Lee Levine, Recycling Program Manager, Arizona State University
Jenna Jambeck, PhD, Assistant Professor of Environmental Engineering, University of Georgia
Audio/Visual Files: Click here to download and listen to the session recording.