The College and University Recycling Coalition (CURC) is recruiting individuals with a professional interest in advancing collegiate recycling and sustainable materials management to its board of directors
- Passionate about campus recycling, waste prevention or composting?
- Interested in leadership opportunities?
- Looking to contribute your skills and time to advance a professional network of campus recycling practitioners?
If so, consider joining the CURC Board of Directors.
CURC is 501(c)(3) non-profit organization governed by an all-volunteer 12-member Board. Members serve 3-year terms, with seats currently open for both full 3-year and partial 2-year terms. Board Members:
- Set strategic direction for the organization
- Manage the organization’s business affairs
- Oversee management relationship with staff
- Contribute professional expertise to program development
- Act as organizational ambassadors at conferences and other professional gatherings
Day-to-day program management is provided by our program coordinator, including membership services, program development, sponsor coordination, management of website, social media and other communications.
Board Members are expected to:
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of CURC programs and activities,
- participate in a monthly Board conference call,
- serve on governance and program committees, and
- attend an annual strategic planning retreat.
CURC is looking to recruit individuals who will provide the board with a diverse range of professional experience and knowledge with recycling and sustainability specific to colleges and universities. CURC seeks to include representation from different types and sizes of higher ed institutions across the U.S. and Canada. . Enthusiasm to advance recycling and sustainable materials management at higher ed institutions is required. Experience with non-profit board governance is a plus
New members will be selected by the existing Board.
Thanks for your interest! For questions about CURC and leadership expectations, please contact Margaret Bounds, CURC Secretary and Chair of the Board Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.